Overview: Artist and Author sign-ups open Monday, March 5th. Artists must submit at least one piece of art (and no more than two) by Sunday, April 29th. This may feature any pairing (or no pairing) so long as it includes at least one character from Inception. For this challenge, crossovers are not allowed. The art will be posted anonymously, at which point authors can claim a piece. Authors will write a fic (minimum of 3,000 words) based on the art they chose.
Monday, March 5th: Artist and Author sign-ups open
Friday, April 20th: Artist Sign Ups close
Sunday, April 29th: Artists’ works are due
Saturday, May 5th: Art Claims
Saturday, May 12th: The Big Reveal of Artist/Author Matchups
Friday, June 8th:Author Check in
Friday, June 22nd: Author Check in
Sunday, July 1st: Stories due
Sunday, July 8th Posting Schedule goes up
Sunday, July 15th: Posting begins
Rules for Artists:
- You should create at least one new piece of art: a drawing, painting, digital manip, or fanvid. Art must be at least 400 by 600 pixels in size, videos must be at least one minute in length. You must submit this piece by Sunday, April 29th, and it may may be a work in progress, a draft, or a finished product. You may submit up to two pieces for this challenge.
- You may not submit art for this challenge that has already been posted elsewhere.
- This challenge is open to all pairings and genres, so long as it includes at least one character from Inception. Artists may choose to specify what pairings (if any) they envision in the story, as well as submit a short text description of their piece (optional).
- We will have a post for Art Beta volunteers for artists to contact directly, but having your artwork looked over by a Beta is not required.
Rules for the Authors:
- Authors must write a fic with a minimum of 3,000 words, based on the art you choose in the Art Claims post. Claims will be first come, first serve. Your fic must be related to the art for which it is written, and it cannot have been already posted elsewhere.
- The fics must be beta read, and we will have a post for Fic Beta volunteers available for authors to contact directly.
Art Submission Guidelines:
Art submissions should be sent to the community mod email account (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Sunday, April 29th. Artists may submit up to two pieces of art for claiming in this challenge. There is no maximum size or dimensions for art, though each art piece must be at least 400 by 600 pixels. If it is a vid it must be at least 1 minute in length. Art that is submitted should not be posted publicly before claims take place.
Art submissions may be works in progress, drafts, or finished products. More details on the art submission process will be posted to the community, so please be sure to join and watch the community for updates.
The Claims Process:
Art claims will officially begin on Saturday, May 5th, though the post will be up 24 hours beforehand so that writers may take a look at all the art before actual claiming starts. The claims post will contain thumbnail previews that link to the full size version of the art and will be accompanied by an optional text description of the subject. All art will be posted anonymously, and claims will be first come, first serve.
The Claims Post(s) will be members-locked, so please be sure to join and watch the community in order to participate.
Everyone who wishes to participate MUST join and watch the community, to ensure they do not miss important deadlines or updates to the challenge.
If you have any questions, please comment here.